Thursday, 26 July 2012

Every Word Handwritten

I kept a diary every day for 3 years between the ages of 12 and 15. Some days I'd write matter-of-fact things, such as "it rained today for a while, and then it stopped." Other days, the words of my teenage self were heartbreaking, distressing and most of all... hilarious. If growing up in the technical age has taught me one thing about the Internet, it's that it can be the BEST place for inspiration - more so than an old library book or a new album on your iPod - the internet is where it's at. And not only can it inspire, it can also be a beautiful place to talk, vent, discuss, detach and learn.

The diaries from my adolescence were all handwritten (hence why I finally settled for this title... well, and one other reason). I'd stick in my bus tickets and cinema stubs and receipts and dried leaves - tiny memories, little keepsakes. I miss having that outlet for release, I am a sucker for reminiscing.


This is my internet diary, my online keepsakes. Welcome - lets get this adventure started.

No comments:

Post a Comment