Sunday, 14 October 2012

First Frost


It's finally here! My family has an on going (not funny) joke about not putting the heat on until we've had the first frost. Regardless, we've had the heat on a few times and the fire's been lit, but at least I can put it on without feeling guilty!


This is the view from my bedroom window this morning. There's steam coming from the roof tops where the sun is warming the frost. I know I've said it before, but Autumn really is my favourite time of year. I'm taking wedding photos in a few weeks and I really hope we get a day like this.





Dexter exploring in the sunshine. (Loving this natural light leak!)


Him and his Mum (our other black lab, Ruby) are the most annoying dogs. Constantly under your feet and nudging you. But I forgive him when he looks like this.


This rose plant was one I bought for a few pounds in the supermarket. It was given a 14 day guarantee, and I thought it was dead so put it out to be binned. Dad secretly planted it in a pot outside, and now it's going strong :)


What better way to spend a morning like this than drinking tea, playing with Pheobe and eating pancakes with syrup :)




I don't think I'm doing such a bad job of keeping up with my seasonal goals. It's the homemade Christmas presents I'm struggling with - if you have any cute ideas, leave me a comment!






No comments:

Post a Comment