Monday, 29 October 2012

This Is Halloween - Top 5

There's sick days and sick days. Today was a sick day. One of the real ones, not one when I just fancied a day in bed. I fell ill on Friday night meaning my whole weekend was dampened with fever and sickness. I missed out on lunch with my Dad and a Bath Rugby match.. well, I didn't miss out on lunch, it just didn't stay down too long. Enough about that. So, with my sick day I attempted to be productive - tidied my room, made two piles of clothes (ebay and charity shop) and eventually fell asleep for a 2 and a half hour long recovery nap. My niece woke me up by whispering 'Aunty Rosie, wakey wakey, it's Halloween' in my ear, so we snuggled up on the sofa and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. She kept calling Jack a pirate (I guess she's getting confused with a skull and crossbones?) and laughed every time Zero was on screen, so cute!

In a true High Fidelity style, here are my all time top 5 favourite Halloween movies.


1. The Nightmare Before Christmas - the perfect transitional film from Halloween to Christmas. Alright, Halloween isn't here yet but I couldn't wait any longer. When I was younger, I was in a production of The Nightmare Before Christmas with the local theatre group meaning I know all the songs word for word and sing along all the time. My niece wasn't impressed.


2. Sleepy Hollow - I love a classic ghost story, I love Johnny Depp, I love Tim Burton movies. Done! I doubt I have to sell this to anyone as I'm sure you've all seen it. Head's will roll.



3. Nightmare on Elm Street - Freddy's gonna get ya! A good friend of ours, Ian, became mine and Ash's horror film dealer last year and introduced us to Mr Krueger. We watched all the Elm Street's in a few weeks and finally bought the box set ourselves at the weekend. The quality of the films fluctuate as they go on (and on, and on) but the first ones definitely a winner. It's been very hard to resist buying this as well as I know my parents wouldn't let me put it up!


4. Paranormal Activity - Everyone has different opinions of this, but I first watched it in bed, on a laptop and I didn't sleep properly for days. I still get creeped out about having my feet near the bottom of the bed and sometimes tuck my knees up (just in case). I know it's really lame, but also shows how losers like me can really fall for this type of horror.


5. ET - Classic. A 30 year old classic now, he even has his own statue in Madame Tussauds! Ok, maybe it's not the spookiest of movies, but it's got an alien, they go trick or treating, and like the Nightmare Before Christmas its a great transitional movie - it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy!

I could have named tens of other horror movies I love, so maybe these aren't my all time top five, but they are 2012's top five and the ones I will be watching this week! Grab your hot toddys, toffee apples, and snuggle up in front the fire with a duvet to hide behind and a hand to hold!

Whats your top 5 Halloween movies? Leave a comment below!

Coming soon - my Michael Jackson Thriller pumpkin with template!

No comments:

Post a Comment