Monday, 31 December 2012

2012: Times Like These

What a year! So many amazing things have happened in the past 12 months.

In February, I turned 21 on the Eiffel Tower with Ash! Our Paris trip was something that we booked spontaneously after last Christmas, and although I had a stomach bug which meant we came home a day early, it was still a lot of fun! We did a river cruise, walked from Notre Dame to the Arc de Triomphe (my favourite thing to do in Paris), had a massive meal and cocktails at the Hard Rock Cafe, left a padlock on the Pont des Arts and almost saw a show at Moulin Rouge - we had to leave before the show started because I was so ill.


 

   

At the beginning of May, we spent a week in Ibiza with Ash's family. The weather was beautiful. I used to go on family holidays to Ibiza when I was growing up so it was great to experience the Island with Ash as well. I read a lot of books that week.



Over the Jubilee weekend, we spent a weekend in Mitchelstown, near Cork in Ireland. Another spontaneous trip! A friends band had some shows in a local venue and invited us to go along with them. We drank a LOT of Guinness that weekend! Although the town we visited was minimal, its definitely made me want to revisit Ireland.






Over the Summer, we travelled over 450 miles to three Blink-182 shows. We went to Birmingham, Bournemouth and Cardiff - and it was worth every minute! In Cardiff, we even got a bass pick from Mark Hoppus!





In July, we went to our local beach, Weston Super Mare, and I held an Olympic Torch! The Olympics this Summer were great, I really regret not trying harder to get tickets, or even just going to London to experience the hype.


I took a flower class in how to make a hand tied bouquet with a local florist, and more recently did the Christmas wreath course. One of my new years resolutions for this year was to learn more about flower arranging which I definitely have.



In July, I started this blog! I'm really starting to enjoy having a reason to document everything, but I need to make sure I document it physically as well.

We celebrated three years together just before we went to Reading Festival! Highlights of the weekend were Foo Fighters, The Gaslight Anthem and Twin Atlantic. Florence and the Machine were awesome as well! Typically, I had a stinking cold the whole time so I was seriously fed up with camping and said I'd never do it again... we'll see!







Ash's band, Montrose, shot a promo video and I went along to take some photos. They've played a few shows this year, and I've got a feeling 2013 will be a big year for them.




We went to Thorpe Park to ride the Swarm, and Ash showed off his strong man skills!




Around Halloween, I baked loads! Pumpkin pie, gingerbreads, cakes.. it was fun and I learnt a lot. And I carved my Michael Jackson pumpkin!




And then, before I knew it, it was Christmas! We took a visit to Southend in Essex to see Ash's Mum, and had lunch in an amazing 50s diner, Bobby Jo's. The milkshake was amazing, but filling, so I didn't quite finish all my curly fries!




As always, Christmas came and went too quickly, but I had a lot of fun. This week between Christmas and New Year always feels like no-mans-land but its been good to relax with family, not think about work, and organise a few things.



This year was full of spontaneity, laughs and love, and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store.

Wishing you all a wonderful New Year! x


No comments:

Post a Comment