Friday, 28 December 2012

The Most Wonderful Time

Well, that went quickly! It didn't seem like two days ago I was putting cloves in clementines and fretting about what presents to buy, and now it's all done for another year!


My Christmas was wonderful, as always. Ash and I woke up early (not on purpose!) full of excitement.. well, I was, I don't know if he'd admit it though! We eventually got up at about 6.30am and I watched Ash undo his stocking and presents from his Mum, then I got my stocking and sat at the end of my parents bed so we could undo ours - a tradition which has happened for all 21 of my Christmasses. After a breakfast of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast, we piled in to the front room and unwrapped our presents to each other. I have been so spoilt this year! My parents got me a stunning Cambridge Satchel which I can't wait to use, as well as so many lovely gifts.



Ash left a few hours later to spend Christmas lunch with his family, and my parents and I went to the local pub for a few drinks and to meet my sister and boyfriend. A few years ago I used to hate going to the pub on Christmas day, but I really enjoy seeing some friendly faces knowing the turkeys cooking. At home, we were joined by my aunty and my niece for a late Christmas lunch - which was so good - and featured my homemade cranberry and vodka sauce.


After a nap, we all made our way to my Aunty and Uncles, where Ash joined us, and spent the night drinking cocktails, playing games and chatting. It was really late when we decided to leave, and when we got home the drinking continued for an hour or so, which ended in a whole Instax cartridge being used! But those are for another time...!



Christmas is always my favourite time of year, but this year had to be one of the best. Did you get what you wished for? x


No comments:

Post a Comment