Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Valentines Nails


I love painting my nails as much as the next girl, and if you follow me on Instagram you'll know that already! I was planning on just doing a classic red for Valentines day, but then I read Kaylah of The Dainty Squid's Valentines nails post. She always has great nail ideas and inspiration. I needed hearts on my nails somehow, but had never had a lot of luck with transfer stickers or wraps like the ones Kaylah had used. So I made a really easy but effective stencil. Here's how:

Paint your base coat and allow to dry for a good amount of time. I waited almost an hour.
You'll need some washi tape or masking tape, nothing too sticky.
Cut a 2/3cm piece off and put it on the back of your hand for a few minutes. This will take some more of the stickyness away.
Fold the tape in half and cut out half a heart on the crease to make a stencil.
Gently peel the tape open and stick down to your nail. Make sure all the edges are pressed down otherwise the nail varnish will drip underneath.
Paint right over the stencil quickly but thoroughly, and then slowly peel off the tape. Voila!


The colours I used were all Models Own - Sophie's Pink, Soda Pop Pink, Blooming Pink and Utopia for the hearts. I use the amazing Seche Vite as a top coat.

How are you doing your nails for Valentines? x

(Photos by Ash, featuring Pheobe)

1 comment:

  1. ah your nails are so so cute! definitely will try that out! happy valentines
    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete