Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Lilac Nails


Just a quick one to show you my nails this week!

Inspired by Kaylah and her expert use of nail stickers, I painted all my nails with 2 coats of Models Own Lilac Dream and allowed them to dry completely. It was a good 3 hours before I did the next stage. Then I chose my nail stickers and stuck them on the back of my hand for a few minutes to take away some of the stickiness. To apply, I pressed them down firmly on my nails, making sure none of the edges were sticking up so none of the polish seeps through. I then painted Models Own Utopia over the nail stickers, and peeled them off slowly to reveal Lilac Dream underneath. I gave them half an hour to dry and then used a top coat.
Et voila! Easy and effective.

Supplies used:

Models Own Lilac Dream
Models Own Utopia
Nail stickers (shape 5)




6 comments:

  1. Love this look! I am so rubbish at nail art thought I always seem to smudge them, will have to get those nail stickers! x

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be rubbish as well, but as long as you take your time (especially with your opposite hand to your writing hand) you quickly get the hang of it! :) Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Your nails are sooo pretty! And soo neat1 m nail art ends up a mess! :P Your blog is soo lovely! I love it :)xx
    Sofia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    umrah flights from London

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so good! Mine usually end up becoming a mess.

    - Justine
    jayseaxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo these are so pretty!! love the lilac for spring :) xo

    www.hifreckles.com

    ReplyDelete