Thursday, 23 May 2013

Now Playing

I literally cannot get enough of Frank Turner's new album, 'Tape Deck Heart.' I've seen him a few times at Reading Festival and sang along to the songs I knew, like Long Live The Queen, but I've never bought an album. One night after spending an hour watching him live on Youtube, I bought the album and fell in love straight away. As a lyricist Frank says it exactly how it is - gets the wording right when we can't quite nail it. This particular song sums up our UK music industry to a tee. Give it a play. And also have a listen to 'Polaroid Picture' and 'We Shall Not Overcome'What are you listening to at the moment?

Frank Turner - Four Simple Words


Is anyone else sick of the music churned out by lacklustre scenesters from Shoreditch?
Oh it's all sex drugs and sins, like they're extras from Skins, but it's OK because they don't really mean it.
I want bands who had to work for their keep, drove a thousand miles and played a show on no sleep, Sleeping on the floor of a strangers place, hungry just to do it all again the next day.

3 comments:

  1. love love love this album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    To be honest, you're just introduced me to this album, need to check it out!

    Have the best weekend ever,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm very late to the party but i have just gotten really into Frank Turner!
    my favourite songs of his are Glory, Hallelujah and Nights Become Days, so good.
    He played at Download when I went in 2011 when I didn't really know of him. Safe to say i'm kicking my past self haha
    x

    ReplyDelete