Monday, 6 May 2013

Sunshine in Bradford-on-Avon

Today has been the most beautiful bank holiday that Somerset has seen for years! Ash and I headed 15 miles into Wiltshire and spent a few hours in the beautiful canal town of Bradford-on-Avon. When we finally got parked up, we walked to The Lock Inn for brunch. They do amazing fry ups, and it's actually where Ash took me for our first date almost four years ago. I went for an 'Easybreak' but Ash, as always, got a Boatman's - literally the biggest fry up, ever. I didn't take any pictures of the food because it was demolished before I thought about pulling out my camera...




The Lock Inn is set alongside the canal. They even have tables on a boat which is permanently there. The garden was completely full so we ate our dinner inside, then walked down the canal.




We came across some shallow water where everyone was letting their dogs play and splash around. We people watched (and dog watched) with our ice cream. I really wish I took one of our puppies for a play! It was so nice to just take a leisurely walk in the sun and not worry about having to be anywhere at any time. I think it's so important to have that feeling in life sometimes.




 I always forget how many beautiful places are not too far from home, Bradford-on-Avon being one of them. I want to make sure we spend more time in our local area this Summer, and remember how lucky we are to live in the thick of the countryside. Rosie x


3 comments:

  1. Cute photography!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos! Especially the ice cream one! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete