Sunday, 28 July 2013

Chew Valley Lake


Chew Valley Lake is the largest artificial lake in the South West, created in the early 50's and opened by the Queen. The Lake provides the majority of Bristol and the surrounding area with drinking water, the supply of which comes from the Mendip Hills. Not only does Chew Valley Lake provide acclaimed trout fishing it's also overrun with all sorts of birds and wildlife. I went with my parents and my niece this afternoon for a wander around the banks with my camera.








Chew Valley is somewhere I always used to visit with my Grandparents, so it was nice for Mum and Dad to take Amelia. We grabbed some Marshfield Farm ice cream from the tea shop (Succulent Strawberry, so good!), strolled around spotting birds (mostly seagulls, though) and trekked up to the viewing platform which looks right out over the lake.




We left just before those dark clouds started to break. On Saturday, I'm shooting a wedding which has the lake as a back drop, and I'm very excited about that. I'm just holding out for the weather!
Rosie x

15 comments:

  1. Ah Chew Valley. Always nice for a wander round. Beautiful photos :) xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, such a lovely blog! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photographs are lovely! And it sounds like you had a nice time! :)

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  4. really lovely scenery! and i adore your shoes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such stunning shots. I love how the water seems to glisten!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, they're all so nice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this lake is so pretty! I love the shot with the birds :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  8. such stunning captures! your blog is oh so lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic place! Wish I could be there now, chilling and reading a book! :-)

    Best,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are stunning. So so lovely. What a gorgeous sight.

    xox,

    Haylee
    http://www.dolledupdaily.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos. It would be great place to escape for the summer.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in Cardiff and considering 'Chew Valley Lake' isn't far from me, I've never ever been. I think I'll have to organise a day out there soon, your photos are beautiful :D

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks pretty! I think the lake I live on is like... the largest freshwater inland lake in the United States or something? It's not that exciting haha.

    Lexi
    http://rhinestonereligion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Valley is beautiful. Breathtaking photos.
    Want to follow each other.

    Maria Speaks Prada

    ReplyDelete