Sunday, 14 July 2013

Coconut Lime Breeze Cocktail Recipe



Coconuts are alien to me. Before today, I'd never broken one open and looked at the flesh, drank the water and realised how hairy they are. Maybe I live a sheltered life? Or maybe I've just never had the urge to buy a coconut before. At only 78p each in Asda, I picked up some hairy babies and brought them home, imagining up what I could make them in too. Naturally, my first thought was cocktail related, and thus - Coconut Lime Breeze is born.

Ash helped me get in to the coconut by bashing it with the blunt end of a meat knife... my female strength was really lacking today, but he got in to it with a few hits and drained the water out in to a jug. I strained the water through a tea strainer a few times to get out some hairs which had fallen in.


To make a Coconut Lime Breeze, you will need:

50ml coconut water (fresh!)
50ml vodka
525ml lime juice
Ice
Lemonade to top

Combine all the ingredients except the lemonade in a shaker and shake! Strain over lots of ice, top with lemonade and serve with an cocktail umbrella (obviously...)

It's the perfect drink to help you cool down in this crazy English heat, hence why I named it breeze - because it's exactly what I need right now! There's still some coconut water left so check back in the week to see what else I make from it! Rosie x


24 comments:

  1. Mmmm ! This looks very delicious ! I really love your blog, the pictures are full of sunshine ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to try this out! Looks good!

    X Anita
    www.fashion-attacks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following your blog whilst pregnant is detrimental to my happiness. I will be trying so many of your cocktail recipes once I've popped this sprog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm sorry! Just make non alcoholic ones! :) They'd still taste yummy!

      Delete
  4. sounds delicious definitely need to try thing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Coconuts are alien to me. Before today, I'd never broken one open and looked at the flesh, drank the water and realised how hairy they are."

    Haha this is really funny to me only because I growing up, we have coconut trees right in front of our house! :P

    Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'm itching to make one now!

    xo runbarbierun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coconuts are very tasty and refreshing ! I discovered them 2 year ago during a trip to Brazil and I loved them !

    XX Luba

    Summery look with hat in my post today

    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to try this, sounds gorgeous!

    http://ringoringorosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good! I must give it a try this weekend <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious! I made mojitos at the weekend, so refreshing!!!

    Just found your blog, love it! Followed ♥

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmh it looks and sounds so delicious!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really lovely :) I love coconuts (although I can never get into them either!) - they remind me of holidays! I'm definitely going to try this sometime, thanks for the recipe!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds really refreshing and anything with coconut is an instant summer drink, I might have to try this out :) xx

    http://shortand-sweet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks so cute love the umbrella
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Coconuts are my favorite! I must admit I gasped when I read you had never opened a coconut before, I've been opening those suckers since I was a toddler haha I guess living in a tropical island would do that to you!

    Thanks for posting this drink recipe, I can always use more coconut in my life. I'm a little obsessed :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I appreciate your sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! Would you like follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh that drink sounds so refreshing! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my god this looks exactly like what I need right now! Thank you so much for letting me know about my blog - I have no idea how to fix it (I probably couldn't be worse with technology) but I'll try and figure it out today xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOOKS GOOD!!

    http://sweetcherryblogger.blogspot.de/2013/07/ethnic-faces-print.html

    ReplyDelete