Sunday, 7 July 2013

Frozen Strawberry and Elderflower Daiquiri Cocktail Recipe


The UK is currently being spoilt with 25 degrees and above of sunshine! I've spent all morning prepping food for a BBQ later on (lamb burgers and Pimms jelly) and thought I'd settle down to watch the Wimbledon mens singles final. But something was missing - a cocktail! Wimbledon means strawberries, so I rustled up this daiquiri as a good luck charm for Andy Murray. Lets hope it works!

You will need:
50ml white rum (Bacardi)
25ml elderflower cordial
6 ice cubes, crushed
5 strawberries, chopped

Add all the ingredients into a blender/food processor and blend until smooth (or you can't hear the ice hitting against the blades!) Pour into a margarita glass and garnish with a strawberry.


Simple and delicious! If you don't have elderflower cordial (I made my own last week so now I'm thinking of ways to use up 1.5ltrs!) you could squeeze in some lime juice or sugar syrup - be imaginative!

Now, to the tennis... Come on Andy!


9 comments:

  1. mmm looks and sounds very good. I had a strawberry daiquiri yesterday too, but without elderflower cordial. I've never tried that and am now very curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was yummy and took the tang out of the strawberries a little! I made the elderflower cordial myself just by boiling up the flowers of 25 heads (that took a long time to prep!) in 1.5ltr of water, juice and rind from one lemon and then letting it steep overnight.Then I boiled it up the next day with 300g of caster sugar and whilst hot, pushed it through a muslin to get the lumps and bumps out and bottled. SO yummy :) It's really nice with lemonade too!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. This looks SO yummy! I seriously can't wait to try this when it gets hot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds deee-licious. Like i want one for breakfast right now, haha!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh I WISH I could have one of these right now! Just 5 more months hahaha :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take out the rum and add a squeeze of lime juice instead :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE! this have to be made this summer!

    Thanks for this post x

    Michelle
    www.virgosandkisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your drink must have worked for Murray, since he's champion now! I love elderflower. I first tasted it in this fizzy drink and it was aaawesome.
    The Undercover Dress-Up Lover x

    ReplyDelete