Thursday, 25 July 2013

Kamikaze: An Easy Organic Cocktail Recipe


The weather has been seriously beautiful for the past few weekends, and my Saturday's have been filled with cocktail making. Ecomarket* have brought to my attention the importance of using organic produce, but do we ever think further than fruit and veg? I know I probably don't. I'd definitely never considered organic alcohol before! Rustling up an organic cocktail is all about getting the right ingredients - in this case, a good organic vodka like Utkins UK 5.

Before I had some friends round last Saturday for a BBQ, I shook myself up a Kamikaze. Truth be told, this probably wasn't my smartest move as I then merrily made about 4 other cocktails before the majority of people even arrived. Needless to say, I was a very jolly hostess on Saturday night. Kamikaze in Japan means 'divine wind' and this concoction is guaranteed to blow your socks off. But it's also fresh and tangy enough to sip in the sunshine - slowly, whilst eating burgers and hot dogs to soak up the effects...


To make a Kamikaze, simply shake 50ml Organic Vodka, 50ml Triple Sec or Cointreau and 50ml Organic Lime Juice with ice and strain in to a martini glass. To make a funky peel twist, take a slice of lime and cut all the flesh away from the rind. Then just twist it around your finger and pop it over the edge of the glass!

........

Some other simple but classic cocktails you could make using Organic Vodka are:

Cosmopolitan - Looks like pink lemonade, tastes like heaven! One of my faves.
3 parts Organic Vodka, 2 parts Cranberry Juice, 25ml Lime Juice and 25ml Triple Sec

White Russian - A grown up milkshake!
5 parts Organic Vodka, 3 parts Fresh Cream (or milk if you prefer it thinner), 2 parts Organic Coffee Liqueur

Bloody Mary - Supposedly a hangover cure, although I've never managed to stomach it!
6 parts Tomato Juice, 3 parts Organic Vodka and 1 part Lemon Juice.


What's your favourite vodka based cocktail? Have you ever bought organic alcohol?
You can see more of my cocktail recipes by clicking here.
Rosie x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    Looks great - my boyfriend and I often have organic wine!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I'm gonna attempt this with a few friends soon!
    http://bleedinginwardly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so so delicious!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete