Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Pimm's Jelly


On Sunday morning I got up early to prepare some food for our afternoon BBQ. Dad came in to the kitchen with one of his magazines and showed this recipe for Pimm's jelly. I knew we had some gelatine leaves in the cupboard and I'd bought a bottle of Pimm's the day before - I had to make it! I don't think I've made jelly since I was in primary school so I was pretty excited...

You will need:
150ml Pimm's No 1
350ml lemonade
1 lemon, rind and juice
3 gelatine leaves
Selection of chopped fruit
A couple of mint leaves


Simply heat up the Pimm's, lemonade, lemon juice and rind in a saucepan until it's just off boiling, then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Whilst it's cooling, dampen the gelatine leaves in cold water to soften for 5 minutes. Then pour out excess water and stir them in to the Pimm's mixture until they're dissolved. Prepare half of your fruit and shredded mint in 4 small glasses. I used strawberries, blueberries, apple and orange. (In hindsight, I would change the orange for raspberries so we didn't have to mess with the skin when eating it.) Slowly pour the Pimm's mixture into the glasses, just enough to cover the fruit. This used about half of my mixture. Allow the jelly to set in the fridge, and when it has do another layer of fruit and pour more mixture over. Let it set in the fridge overnight.


I will definitely be serving mine with vanilla ice cream tonight. Grown up jelly and ice cream, perfect for a working weeknight!

PS. My last post must have helped Andy Murray become Wimbledon champion!!


11 comments:

  1. Oh man, that sounds amazing! I love Pimms.

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    Oh my, this sounds perfect!!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I love making champagne jellies, and these are just perfect for the gorgeous weather we're having. Thanks for your lovely comment on my last post :) x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg this sounds (and LOOKS) perfect! love pimms in the summer! :)
    xx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks absolutely delicious!

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    from Brigitte at BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin' | Twitter

    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'v been wanting to make this for ages since I saw it on TV, I'll definitely have to do it sometime because this looks so yummy! Can't beat good old jelly and ice cream!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I can't really resist when it comes to Pimm's!

    Sound of rain on my window

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, they look amazing! So refreshing for when it's so hot outside.. I will definitely give these a try! xx

    Gemma ♥ | MissMakeupMagpie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pimms is perfect for the summer. I always find it so refreshing x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, this looks amazing! Will have to try sometime:)

    Josie
    FineandFeathered.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I'd never thought of making Pimms into jelly, will definitely want to give this a go! :D

    http://shortand-sweet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete