Friday, 2 August 2013

Budget Bucket List - Money Supermarket

Money is a wonderful thing, when you have a lot of it, saved away in high-interest savings accounts... Today's news informed me that over half of the UK's population are struggling to pay their credit card bills and debt repayments. It's a sad time that we're living in, but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming.

Money Supermarket have invited bloggers to dream up a budget and an extravagant scenario which they would like to tick off their bucket list. Here's mine:

Source: BBC

Affordable - watch the sunrise over the beach. Although this may seem incredibly cliché, this is something I would love to do some day. I can picture a night under the stars, listening to the waves, marshmallows on the campfire... that old thing. I have never sat on a beach until morning and watched our beautiful country wake up and although I'd love to do this somewhere tropical, I think the blustery beaches of Cornwall would be just fine. The cost would be as minimal as the petrol to the seaside, a warm blanket and a Thermos of tea.

Extravagent - Roadtrip Route 66 in style. As you're probably aware, we're heading to San Francisco and Las Vegas next year, which is costing a fair amount. But before we booked it, we toyed with the idea of driving the famous Route 66 through America, from Chicago to Santa Monica, stopping in Missouri, Oklahoma, New Mexico (Albuquerque to be precise, Breaking Bad fans!), Arizona and Nevada - The Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. In a perfect world, I'd love to do it in a Chevy Impala like in Fear and Loathing, stopping at 5* hotels along the way, sipping cocktails and snapping hundreds of photos for the most epic scrapbook ever.

What would you tick off your bucket list if money was no option?

Thank you to Laura from Mummy and Max for tagging me. I tag Charlotte from Girl Next Door Fashion, Rosie from Everthing's Rosie and Molly from Molly's Music Box.

10 comments:

  1. I love your adventurous heart! My dream is to travel all over, but my top priority would be to go to Oregon and see those beautiful Redwoods and the Ocean (and of course the mountains along the way!). I'm starting an adventure jar to start saving up for my dream vacation! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    I'm always totally fine with option number 1! :-)

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. It is hard sometimes to think about all the fun things you could do if you had all those resources, but that's just something to work towards, right? I would definitely do a month long stay in France as an extravagant trip:)

    Josie
    FineandFeathered.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watching a sunrise on the beach might be cliche, but it is SO AMAZINGLY GREAT. I did it years ago with a very good friend and it was so quiet and calm and pretty. Definitely something to remember. Also, YES to the Breaking Bad mention...I can't wait for its return and it is on my mind constantly this week!

    xo, Michelle
    www.NeonRattail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. a roadtrip through america would be awesome. since my second family lives there i could visit tons of friends and my loved ones. that would be awesome. i would plan to stay in cali for a few more weeks and just enjoy it and i would probably visit as many national parks as possible and i would go for a fancy car. that would be awesome.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this idea of thinking of something cheap and something expensive... and both things give you sooooo much and will make you so happy! Its all about being able to see the beauty in the small things and enjoy what you have :)
    I really like you blog! If you like to, come along mine and see if you want to follow each other :)

    Lots of love

    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what an adventure you have ahead of you! I've not really been far before but I would love to go to Amsterdam and simply cycle around and see the sights! A little Europe trip would be a dream x I'm lucky enough to live near beaches so I've seen a couple of beautiful sunsets xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. To take a trip on road 66 is my absolute dream! And then going a little bit further to this city of which I forgot it's name. Haha. It's with all the abandoned buildings!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. great scenery~

    Regards, www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary)

    ReplyDelete