Friday, 16 August 2013

Honey Berry Sour Cocktail Recipe


I first tasted a Honey Berry Sour in my favourite restaurant, Giraffe, opposite the train station in Southgate, Bath. They updated their cocktail menu in Spring and on a date with Ash one night I tried a couple of their new mixes. This was one of my favourites and I had to recreate it at home. Although 'sour' is in the name, it's not that bad, especially compared to a traditional whiskey sour.

You will need:
25ml honey whiskey or liqueur (I used Bushmill's Irish Honey)
25ml black raspberry liqueur (like Chambord)
25ml fresh lemon juice
4 or 5 raspberries


To make a Honey Berry Sour, muddle raspberries in the bottom of a shaker until the fruit is pulp. Add the whiskey, liqueur and lemon juice, a handful of ice cube and shake until the ice has melted. Strain over ice into a short glass through a fine sieve (like a tea strainer) to take out any leftover raspberry bits. If you're worried about it being a little too sour, try it before you pour and shake in a teaspoon of sugar syrup if you'd prefer.

This drink is absolutely perfect for after dinner as it really cleanses your palette, and prepares you for more cocktails ;) I'm intrigued to try this with strawberries or blueberries too!

To see more of my cocktail recipes, click on the 'Liquor Love' tab in the side bar.

Rosie x

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this sounds amazing!!! Perfect cocktail for a Summer BBQ :D xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, this sounds delicious! I love finding new cocktail recipes that are yummy AND simple, so I'll definitely be giving this a try. I've never had black raspberry liqueur before and now I can't wait to try it!

    xo, Michelle // Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy to have discovered your blog
    this, indeed sounds very delicious :D

    Im going to subscribe, maybe you feel like returning the favor ^^
    iscoopbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, this looks so good! I've never tried black raspberry liquer before...I definitely have to soon!

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so delicious! Will have to try it myself, thank you so much for the recipe!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds delicious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks amazing! I'm going to have to make this for my husband sometime!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I wasn't so hungover right now, this would be right up my street! But most defiantly will have to give this a try another time! Great post, haven't seen many of these!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, they sweetened my day!
    I love me a good sour!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the tweet :) this looks AMAZING xx

    lookslikelara@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete