Sunday, 11 August 2013

Maybelline New York - Baby Lips review


Hey! My first ever beauty review! ;)
When I was placing my festival Boots order (baby wipes, deodorant, plasters...) a few of these Baby Lips slipped and fell into my shopping basket. I'd heard a lot about these and as someone who really struggles to wear lipstick (I just think it looks weird as I have really small lips), a tinted lip balm seemed perfect. At £2.99 each and on 3 for 2 offer, I couldn't really resist. I chose Mint Fresh (green), Peach Kiss (purple) and Pink Punch (pink).


Mint Fresh is a clear, slightly glossy lip balm with a subtle minty scent. When my Coca Cola Lipsmacker runs out, this will be firmly on my bedside table for overnight moisturising.

Peach Kiss is the most gorgeous, subtle peach which gives my lips a hint of shimmer. It's absolutely perfect for work and will be spending most of it's time in my desk drawer, ready to apply whenever to stop the air conditioning drying out my lips.


Pink Punch is a crazy, bright pink - almost neon! When I first applied it I though it was a little garish, but I think it'll be perfect to keep in my handbag at Reading festival. The biggest problem with this colour though is that it really sticks to dry patches on my lips (technical term?) which has put me off wearing it so far.


The formula is okay. Peach Kiss is definitely the most long wearing, but Pink Punch seemed to have faded within 15 minutes. Mint Fresh stays on quite well providing I can resist licking my lips!

Have you tried any Baby Lips? How do the other shades hold up?
Rosie x

PS. This is my 100th post! I can't believe it :)

17 comments:

  1. I invite you to join my amazing Romwe Giveaway - Chance to win 3 awesome dresses! http://fashiongetsfierceblog.blogspot.pt/2013/08/romwe-giveaway-3-winners.html JOIN NOW! :) (it's Worldwide) You'll need to follow my blog on GFC to be eligible to win, but I will follow back everyone honey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I love it! I've never used Baby Lips... I've seen them and thought about picking them up, but haven't so far. I'm in the same boat as you. I don't really like the way lipstick looks on me. I mostly stick to balms and chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try baby lips! Thanks for reviewing it ♥

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Peach Kiss one right now and I like it :) I had the Pink Punch a couple months ago but lost it :( I agree with you though, I remember it stuck to my lips!

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for starting to post makeup reviews! You did a wonderful job - thank you so much for including swatches! In my opinion, Pink Punch looks really lovely on you - too bad it doesn't stay on! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I have tiny lips too so I can 100% relate, I always think lippy looks stupid on me. Definitely buying these this week! <3

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post! love it!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of pink punch x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try these for a while and might just have to grab some, they look really cute! I love a good mint lip balm :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, i love this stuff! it works wonders! i need to grab a few more!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely review, I think I'll try them
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pretty much feel the same way about lipstick -- I really try to be a lipstick girl, but my lips are so tiny and it kind of looks terrible? But I've heard good things about this product and have been meaning to try it. I think all of these colors look wonderful on you and am now dying to try this brand! So thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh the peach one looks so pretty on you! I'm kiiind of getting sucked into the hype surrounding these, and want to try one! Blogs are dreadful for enabling purchases, aren't they!?

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful pieces ..:)like the peach one and wow i just fell in love with your Blog :)

    Hope you visit me on my Blog.. Maybe you like to follow each other..
    Best
    Sandra
    www.sunkissedlovechild.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post :), I really want to try Babylips, when I get the chance I'll buy one. That 'peach kiss' color looks awesome. New follower here hope you can follow me too :)

    http://www.marvelousthings.net

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. been wanting to try these for a while now, i love how subtle the colors are...simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete