Monday, 19 August 2013

Oh hey, ombre! - L'oreal Preference Wild Ombre Review


If you follow me on Instagram, you'd see that I hastily bought a L'Oreal Wild Ombre kit ahead of Reading Festival this week. As a girl who hasn't seen her natural hair colour since primary school, colouring my hair shouldn't phase me as much as it does, but I was still pretty scared. The last time I dip dyed my hair I used Schwarzkopf XXL in Ice Blonde (00A) and tin foil. It worked out fine, but it was hard work, so I was intrigued by this kit. I chose Number 2, for dark blonde/medium brown - they didn't seem to have one for red hair ;)


The kit itself was wonderful, mainly because of the little plastic brush which I have cleaned and kept! It made the 'natural' application so simple, and there were no harsh lines like the last time I did it. After mixing up the colourant, you simply squirt it in between the teeth of the brush, and comb it through your chosen areas. The highest mine goes is just under my ear. I allowed mine to develop for around 30 minutes, and gave it a good hot wash in the shower afterwards, before conditioning the hell out of it! (Hey, it's bleach, it'll do bad things to your hair!)


Et voila! So what do you think? I really love it, and I've got some lovely compliments. I feel like it really brightens my whole look and makes all my hair seem lighter. My only regret is not doing it at the beginning of Summer! I wouldn't say that the bleach has dried out my ends that much, but I will definitely be taking extra care from now on (Avon Dry Ends Serum is pretty great!)


What do you think of my new ombre hair? Will you be trying one of the L'Oreal kits, or are you happy colouring your hair the old school tin foil way?
Rosie x

18 comments:

  1. You hair is gorgeous! I bought this kit and never ended up using it, ha! May have to try it out soon x

    http://thestylechateau.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post and great blog dear! xxx

    http://combo-monster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your hair looks gorgeous - that looks as good as a salon colour!

    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the photos! Such a great post :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it because its very subtle! Suits you perfectly :)

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how subtle the obre is...btw I think you'd look really nice if you have more curls in your hair rather than just the ends!
    Love your natural hair colour too. Jelous ;)
    x
    http://www.rougesramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind words on my last post!
    What a cute look, I like that it is subtle but still noticeable! And the transition worked out so well!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG it came out so good! I saw another blogger post about this & hers came out good as well and she had dark hair like me. I have been wanting to do this for awhile but I read that you probably shouldn't when you're pregnant because you hair reacts differently and the color can come out weird. In fact, they say to wait until 6 months AFTER delivery. Which sucks because I'm super impatient and you just made me want to do it even more!

    It really fits you though, very beautiful!

    ♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've used this recently, really liked it too! Your hair looks lovely.
    http://bethanyxalice.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really suits you, it definitely brightens up your look xo

    Rachael | beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks lovely on you! I wouldn't have thought it would work out so well on red hair, but it definitely does!

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing! I so want ombre hair but just haven't gotten round to it yet - definitely want to now though! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love an ombre with red :)

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. your hair is soo pretty!! i love the ombre and that the blond part is not super bleached but matches the rest of your hair very nicely. i've always wanted to try it but i'm afraid of damaging my hair because it's so dark -- maybe l'oreal has a brunette version for a more subtle look for me too!

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair is such a gorgeous colour anyway, I love redheads! But the ombre looks gorgeous too, and the colour in the kit blends in perfectly! Rosie x
    everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete