Thursday, 5 September 2013

Every Word Handwritten - the short film

If you've been here from the beginning, you may remember that I named this blog after Handwritten by The Gaslight Anthem. The video for Handwritten gave me shivers when it was released last Summer, and now they have shared this short film (15 minutes), an extension of the music video.

It tells the story of one vinyl record through the decades. From it's production, to it's rebirth. Although I do enjoy buying 'new' records, I also love looking through our well loved vinyls, especially if there's notes left on them. It reminds me that someone else has loved the songs hidden in the grooves.

Ash and I washed this in complete silence, cosied up on bed after a long day of work. It was perfect.


Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! My boyfriend absolutely loves Gaslight Anthem and I just showed this to him as he'd never seen it before, so thank you!

    amyalaska | Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about the origin of your blog name, that's a cool story!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    P.S.: Thanks for your sweet comment on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to follow you as soon as I saw your name because I am a huuuuge Gaslight fan too and I love this!!:)

    Becca.xo
    www.astorywithoutsoundtracks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete