Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Mini Crustless Quiches - a Slimming World recipe

I'm now 14 weeks in to my Slimming World journey and half a stone lighter. My progress isn't happening quite as fast as I'd like it to though, so I'm trying to step it up for a few weeks to see if it'll make a difference. Lunch is the hardest meal of the day to enjoy, as there's only so many weeks you can sit in front of a box of lettuce and not want to give up. One of the recipes which have brightened up my lunch are these mini crustless quiches - Syn free on the Extra Easy plan for my fellow SW readers! They're also suitable for gluten free diets and are generally just good, low fat food.
To make 12 mini crustless quiches, you will need:
6 eggs
100g Quark or fat free cottage cheese
Fry Light (or other low calorie cooking spray)
Any vegetables or meat you'd like as your fillings

First of all, preheat your oven to 180 degrees and spray a muffin tray with Fry Light, ensuring to get the sides too. This helps the edges cook and stops them from sticking to the tray.

Cut up the veg/meat you'd like to use for your quiches, but make sure the pieces are small so they cook through. I used red onion and red pepper in half, and leek and ham in the other.

Sprinkle your veg in the bottom of the 12 trays.

Beat together all the eggs, and then beat in the Quark. This takes a little while and will be a bit lumpy, but don't fret.

Pour your mixture into the trays, just enough to cover the veg. Mine are usually about half full.

Cook for 20 minutes or so, until the egg starts to brown off.

You could either serve these hot from the oven with a jacket potato and beans, or allow them to cool at room temperature before keeping them in the fridge, ready to pack into a lunchbox with with salad and cous cous the next day.

What do you think of these crustless quiches? How do you jazz up your lunch box?
Rosie x

10 comments:

  1. These look really good! For lunch I'm eating a lot of shop bought quiche at the moment but I will try making these now as they look super easy :) thanks for sharing x

    Mary
    www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really good! For lunch I'm eating a lot of shop bought quiche at the moment but I will try making these now as they look super easy :) thanks for sharing x

    Mary
    www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to make these on Sunday nights and eat them for breakfast on busy mornings! So much healthier than a bowl of cereal but just as easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely and so easy to make! I love that you can adjust the filling to your liking!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! :)

    Do you wanna follow each other? So let me know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these look amazing! I never stick to diets because I get bored of eating rabbit, but tasty treats like this would definitely make it easier x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god, these mini quiches look like heaven on a plate!! x

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Quiches but not sure I'll be that good making them
    xx, Malena
    You can check my blog on:
    www.Fashioncontainer.com
    Fashioncontainer Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo these look delicious!! I always struggle with lunches get lazy and just buy out from pret! I must get organised and try to make these :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just put mine in the oven hope they come out ok not sure if I mix the eggs and cheese enough though bit lumpy :/

    ReplyDelete