Monday, 16 September 2013

Polkadot Mint Nails & A Catch Up

What. A Week. All last week I had a nasty cold which turned in to sickness, right in the middle of planning a work Summer party for over 500 people. It was awful. Each evening I was SO tired that I was in bed just after dinner - if I could stomach it - so I did no blog writing or reading at all. Bloglovin is currently telling me I have almost 300 posts to catch up on! Ouch. But the party was an absolute success, despite the rain, and I can go back to normal schedules at work again, and get back in to a little bloggy routine.

Last night, I told Ash to pick a nail colour off the shelf. I'd looked at them for a few minutes and couldn't decide what I wanted to go for... so I let him make that decision. He picked off Avon Nailwear Pro+ in Serene, and then swiftly headed downstairs to avoid the stench of nail polish ;) After 2 coats, I used the Models Own WAH Nails Nail Art Pen in white to polkadot my ring fingers. Accent nails are still cool, right? This Avon colour has great staying power, and doesn't chip quickly. It's really impressed me each time I've used it, but I'm sad it probably won't make a transition into Autumn!

This month I made the decision to see how advertising on other blogs could help me out. It seems to be working well at the moment, and I'm intrigued to see how it may progress. Do you advertise your blog anywhere?

And on another note - I'm really struggling with my eczema at the moment. My hands keep cracking and my legs are so dry. This happens every time there is a crazy season change, so my Simple Derma hand cream is never too far away. Do you suffer with eczema and have any recommendations? I pretty much just use E45 with my steroid cream when it's bad.

How was your week?

Rosie x


8 comments:

  1. Ecezma - try Aveeno cream - it's made of wheat so I don't know how it'll affect your allergies but its the only thing that works on mine, they do hand cream, body cream, shampoos, everything and you can get it over the counter and in super markets, might be worth a try!Leah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks lovely. I used to use Aveeno when I was a kid but haven't tried it for ages!

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous colour x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely lovely job! perfect colour.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had that same cold all week. My sinuses are doing happy dances now that it's over.
    Your nails look adorable. I love that colour!

    haggardlibrary.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that is a gorgeous green polish, I love it! You can't beat polka dot nails <3 xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet words on my last post! I always highly appreciate it when you take time to comment!
    This is so, so pretty and adorable, want to try this now, too!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the polka dot accent nail! Looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete