Saturday, 7 September 2013

Watermelon Fizz with Ciroc Vodka


When Alexander & James, a new online store dedicated to fine spirits, sent me a beautiful bottle of Ciroc Vodka, I knew I had to create a new vodka based cocktail. As Summer closes in on us, the watermelons will soon be gone from the supermarket shelves. I've always wanted to try blending my own watermelon base and I finally have.


To make a Watermelon Fizz, you will need:
50ml Ciroc vodka
50ml pomegranate liquor
100ml pureed watermelon flesh
Lemonade to top

For the watermelon base, chop the flesh in to small pieces and blend to a pulp using a hand mixer. Then strain all the bits out using whichever means are best for you - I used a tea strainer. It can take a while but it's worth it to have a smooth, clear base.

Add all ingredients, except the lemonade, in to a shaker with ice, and shake until the ice has melted. Strain in to a cocktail glass and top with lemonade for extra fizz. Refreshing and lovely!

The pomegranate liquor is not essential, it just gives the flavour an extra edge. Feel free to leave it out!


Ciroc vodka may have overtaken Absolut as my favourite vodka ever. It's made with grapes (most vodka is potato/grain based) and is distilled 5 times to perfect it's taste. I learnt quite a lot about the distilling process at The Old Jameson Distillery in Dublin, so I now know how important this process is.

What do you think of this watermelon concoction? Have you ever tried Ciroc vodka?
Rosie x

19 comments:

  1. this looks really great! I should really try this <3



    Loves,
    The Mad Twins
    http://www.themadtwins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ciroc Vodka and this drink looks perfect for me I'm obsessed with anything Watermelon! I'll give it a go and tell you what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delicious
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, this looks so, soo good!
    Thanks for your lovely words on my last post!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watermelon, and I've never tried this type of vodka. It surely looks like a recipe I need to try. Thank you for sharing!

    Cheers!
    Akshara
    Simply Akshara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I really wish I could drink this right now. It would be perfect for this hot day!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this looks lovely! I'll have to give it a try! Xx

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that is the picture of perfection - looks super lush and I love the glass!


    Elizabeth x

    www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks lovely I must try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh that sounds delicious! I don't mind vodka, as long as it's not too strong! I always order vodka with a mixer when I'm trying to be mature, and malibu and a mixer when I don't care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great drink to clutch onto those last few summery evenings with!
    Heather x
    Pumpkins&Puddings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, this sounds SO good & it looks super pretty too <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omigosh this looks and sounds heavenly! Can you come down to Brighton and make me one? :-)

    Rosie x
    Everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds soo delicious! I'm loving me a watermelon smoothie early in the morning - I guess this takes it a little bit further. :D
    xxx,
    Lilla
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh yum! watermelon is my favorite, this sounds so yummy!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete