Friday, 4 October 2013

Autumn Sparkle

Growing up, I used to wear a lot of blue, grey and silver eye make up, to go with my almost-black hair and my amazing taste in rock bands. When I coloured my hair back to a more natural hue (read: strawberry blonde!) I started using more gold and bronzes, which seriously made me realise how much my blue eyes pop some days. Since then, I only seem to wear colder tones when I'm going for a night out and want a vampier look.
This eye makeup trend has waterfalled into my other make up, and although I've still never used a bronzer, I have a lot more gold in my look than ever before.
This Rimmel Lasting Finish Wear Max polish in 378 Posh Trash is the perfect pink-gold, and it really does have staying power. I painted my toe nails with this almost two weeks ago, and they still haven't chipped. I love this shade so much that when I went into my nail polish collection to find it, I found two. Woops.
I bought the Urban Decay Naked palette on the plane back from Ibiza last May to benefit from the duty free prices. I can honestly say that I have used this palette at least 3 times a week since I bought it. The matte nude shade (Naked) is perfect for work, whereas the glittery gold (Half Baked) is perfect for adding some sparkle to my eyes.
 This Mint Julips Lip Scrub from Lush is my cold-weather saviour. Every night I sit in bed scrubbing my lips, before coating them with chapstick, meaning I wake up with soft lips every morning. Even after a few uses of this I felt a huge difference but if I forget to scrub for a couple of days, I can definitely feel it.
 I have a love/hate relationship with glitter nail polishes. I love how they look, but hate taking them off. I've tried foil wrapping my nails and all sorts, but a bit terrified to do a PVA glue base coat. This Revlon polish is worth the removal hassle though. The glitter particles are quite big (compared to the Barry M gold glitter I had anyway) and the clear polish it's mixed with leaves the nails feeling smooth.
Finally, I cannot rate the Maybelline Colour Tattoo eyeshadow pots  enough. This is 'On and On Bronze' and really does stay on all day. It's light to apply, doesn't stick into creases and doesn't fade or rub off. I treated myself to 'Pink Gold' as well last weekend, and am completely in love with it.

What are your favourite autumnal sparkles?
Rosie x

PS. I am SO close to 100 Bloglovin' followers, and will celebrate with a little giveaway when I get there :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the shade of the Rimmel nail polish, so pretty and definitely Autumnal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such lovely autumn shades x
    http://jadegillett.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love glitter polishes so much, not so much trying to remove them but I think they're worth it! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo the lip scrub sounds incredible! I'm definitely going to give that a go.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found that Morrisons own brand nail polish remover does an excellent job at taking away glitter polishes! :) I really need to get an Urban Decay palette! xx

    ReplyDelete