Wednesday, 23 October 2013

e.l.f. Mineral Lip Tint Review - Blush & Berry

Last week, Rosie from Everything's Rosie brought my attention to free shipping on e.l.f.'s website. She knew I wanted to try their Mineral Lip Tints and I had to take the opportunity to get them. Free shipping is always a winner for me!
The tints have 8 SPF and Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil and Vitamin E to add moisture. I ordered Blush and Berry, hoping they would be quite different.
Having never tried any e.l.f. products before, I was surprised by how cheap the packaging was. The casing is really light, and they came in crumpled, worn boxes. I also didn't realise how small the bullets were, which is something I'm really not used too. I think this makes the application more difficult without a mirror, although it was okay with one.
The formula felt quite greasy on my lips, and didn't seem to stay well, compared to Maybelline Babylips at least. Blush is a blue toned pink, annoyingly similar to the Topshop Lipstick in Innocent I bought a little while ago. Berry is a darker, redder pink, definitely the more Autumnal shade out of the two, but it still has a certain girlyness to it without being too dark.
Although I love the colour of Berry, the formula just doesn't win it for me. I found it transferring straight away, and it took less than half an hour to almost disappear completely.

Mineral Lip Tints are available here from e.l.f.'s website for £3.50 each.

Have you tried these tints? Or can you recommend me your favourite tint?

Rosie x

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried their tints but love their lipsticks. Good review!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely words on my last post!
    Too bad that the formula isn't working well!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love elf! They're both really pretty colours :) Shame about the formula though.
    Mia
    x
    www.prettyeclectic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sorry you didn't like them! I thought they were fab! They both look pretty on you though!!

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete