Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Ozeri Double Wall Thermo Insulated Drinking Glasses Review & my perfect Hot Toddy recipe

Being asked to review glasses got me thinking... which cocktail can I make in them? These Ozeri Double Wall Thermo Insulated 8oz Drinking Glasses* are made of hand blown borosilicate glass (read: lightweight and shatter proof!) which do not get very hot/very cold when used because of the double wall. They also have dimples on each side to give them a nice grip.
I tried them out with cold water and ice, and was sort of amazed that they stayed room temperature. So, I knew I had to take it up a notch - hot drinks! I have this weird thing about putting tea/coffee in see-through vessels, so I wanted to make something else...preferably a cocktail... I turned to my favourite Winter cocktail - the Hot Toddy. Some may say that it's far too early to be drinking Hot Toddies, but I say the early bird catches the worm!
To make my perfect Hot Toddy, you will need:
25ml whiskey
25ml honey liqueur
10ml lemon juice
Cinnamon stick
Boiling water

Simply pour the whiskey, honey and lemon juice into the glass, pop in your cinnamon stick and top with boiling water. Historically, honey and lemon has wonderful medicinal benefits, and of course, an old Mother's tale says that a bit of whiskey won't do much harm either ;) If you're not a whiskey drinker, switch it out for dark rum (spiced is best!). If you don't have honey liqueur (ours was a gift from Malta and tastes AMAZING) then just spoon in a teaspoon of honey instead.
Back to the glasses - not only does the glass not get extremely hot, it also help maintain the heat of the drink, meaning that it stays warm for longer. And of course, there's that novelty of seeing through the glass which always baffles me when the beverage is hot. (No? Just me?) The glasses also come with a 1 year warrantee and are dishwasher, microwave and freezer proof. Tick, tick, tick.

You can buy Ozeri Double Wall Thermo Insulated Drinking Glasses for £24.95 (RRP £29.99) from Amazon UK with free UK delivery. I think they'll make a real talking point at parties, and would make a great Christmas gift for cocktail lovers and tea drinkers alike - they get a big thumbs up from me!

Rosie x

7 comments:

  1. Aw thanks for sharing this recipe! Sounds perfect for A/W x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those glasses look lovely! Especially with those cocktails in there ;)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses are amazing! My bf often has some whiskey before bed time (he is starting young) and these glasses are so great. Thank you for sorting out a christmas present for my BF!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a cool little thing! It's so cute too! I loved seeing this, never heard of them before now!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like an amazing christmas time drink! xx

    Charlotte| LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm these look lovely, Luke always makes me a whisky based hot drink if i'm ever feeling under the weather, will definitely have to invest in some of that honey liqueur! I love the glasses too, think I may have to put them on my xmas list :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need these in my life. Mulled cider would be so much better in these than in a mug!

    Helen
    teainthetub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete