Sunday, 3 November 2013

Glitter Roses

In the supermarket this morning, I walked past a lovely bouquet of red roses with glitter tips. They were so beautiful, but the price tag was not - 8 red roses for £15? Not gonna happen this side of Christmas.
Around the other side of the flower stand were bunches of 10 red roses for £3 each. *Lightbulb moment* Two bunches found their way into my basket and I set to creating my own glitter tips at home.

The only thing I needed was simple - glitter nail polish. The roses in the store had red glitter, but I fancied using silver, a kind of rain drop/frost bitten effect, and this Models Own one worked perfectly.


I prepared the roses by cutting off the thorns and trimming down the stems, and then randomly painted the edges of the petals with the polish and set to dry.


I arranged them in a round vase (from Asda, £4) in a spiral, but they keep splaying out to the edges! Regardless of that, I think they look so perfect on my bedside table. It feels like the first hint of Christmas has entered our home.

Will you be trying this technique? White roses with gold glitter would look amazing!

Rosie x

6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! And they won't die either :). Definitely going to be giving this a whirl!

    Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters - A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I never thought of combining glitter and roses??? So perfect.


    Macie,
    Amen Fashion †

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea :) they look very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so pretty, such a good idea! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I've never seen these before, but that is such a clever DIY! I have tons of glitter polish, I just need some roses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its gorgeous. The silver and the red look fantabulous!

    Ayesha
    Defining Me
    Do follow me if you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete