Thursday, 21 November 2013

Honey Berry Sweet Cocktail Recipe

Every now and then, I just need a cocktail. I've had a knackering few days topped off with a seriously sore throat (still sounding like a man 2 days later) and Strepsils just aren't hacking it. The age old cure for sore throats comes in a liquor bottle and with a dash of honey. Sure, a hot toddy would probably do the trick, but Jack Daniels Honey is my current remedy. After a rare but long day in the London offices, I came home to snuggle up in my PJs, watch The Hunger Games again ahead of seeing Catching Fire at the weekend and get some rest. Ash brought us both whiskey on the rocks and my throat instantly felt better. (I'm not an alcoholic, promise!) A day later, and my throat is still sore. I wasn't feeling as hardcore though and didn't fancy it straight, so I tried out a new cocktail with Ash in mind. You may remember back in the Summer, I made a Honey Berry Sour. Well this concoction, my favourite cocktail friends, is a Honey Berry Sweet.

To make two drinks, you will need:
75ml honey whiskey (Jack Daniels Honey in this case)
50ml black raspberry liqueur (like Chambord)
Ginger ale to top

Shake the whiskey and raspberry liqueur with ice. Strain equally in to two glasses. Top with ginger ale (or ginger beer if it's not a weeknight like tonight!) This is best enjoyed with you feet wrapped up in chunky socks, propped on the sofa, fire blazing and something good on the TV. I bulk bought Honey Jack in Tesco in October when they were selling off 75cl bottles for dirt cheap. You can still buy it in some supermarkets though, although it can be a bit pricey so look out for offers.

To see more of my cocktail recipes, click on the 'Liquor Love' tab in the side bar. Cheers!

Rosie x

4 comments:

  1. This sounds divine, really warming and perfect for those times, like you say, when you just need a cocktail to make everything just a little bit better!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a huge fan of jacky honey but i might give this a go, sounds lovely for a cosy night.
    xx

    dornroeeschen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post! I love it! :)
    I invite you to join my first INTERNATIONAL giveaway, win a gift of your choice! The rules are very simple. I REALLY hope you'll join. Good luck :) xx
    http://tinasstylesinners.blogspot.com/2013/11/international-christmas-giveaway-gift.html
    xx, Tina

    ReplyDelete