Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2013: Times Like These

I cannot believe it's New Years Eve and I'm writing my round up of the year post. It doesn't feel right that another year is about to close, and 2014 is just hours away. For me, 2013 was the year of Walter White, Dexter Morgan and Frank Turner. Of late night whiskeys with Ash, hours and hours in the cinema, and lazy mornings in bed. Of being confident, making changes and becoming ambitious. This year has been particularly special, and here are some of my favourite parts.
Going to the Warner Bro's Studio Tour and visiting the Harry Potter sets the day before my birthday was awesome. Even now I think back to that day and how much fun we had in the magical museum. You can see my post from the day here.
Back in June, we spent three gorgeously sunny days in Dublin with my parents. I always love visiting new places and trying new things, but I would definitely go back to Dublin in a heartbeat. You can see all my posts from Dublin here.
Later on in the Summer, I shared some of my driving experiences. But it was really these photos which spurred me on to lose weight, and after joining Slimming World I'm now a stone lighter. This has definitely been the biggest achievement of my year, and I plan to keep on going in 2014.
The August bank holiday found us back in Reading in a hot tent in a smelly field about to watch some of our favourite bands. The weekend was fun, but we're still unsure about whether to go back next year. You can read my post about Reading here.
Throughout the year, I've loved mixing up new cocktails to enjoy at home, and I hope to do even more next year. You can view all my cocktail recipes under the 'Liquor Love' tab.
Last month we headed up to London for the day - something I wish we could do more often. We managed to tick off some of our London To Do list and enjoyed soaking in the start of the Christmas season.

The other 'big' thing which happened this year was booking our holiday to San Francisco and Las Vegas. Budgeting and saving for the holiday basically dictated the rest of our year, but now Christmas is over, I know it won't be long until we're the furthest we've ever been from home, enjoying California and Nevada.

I think 2014 is going to be full of really special moments, and I cannot wait to see what's in store.
Thanks for joining me along the way this year - it's been good to have you.
Happy New Year!
Rosie x

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely round-up Rosie - it's so nice to see all your highlights all on one page :) Happy New Year and here's to a glorious 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year...look forward to reading about more of your adventures in 2014!

    Katie x
    http://www.missenchanting.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful year! It was my birthday yesterday and I got tickets to the Harry Potter studio tour and seeing that picture got me all excited!
    Have a wonderful 2014!

    Hannah
    x
    daintyandivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great year! Congratulations on the slimming world success! Oh and San Francisco is great! I think it's one the best, if not the best place, I've been.

    ReplyDelete