Friday, 10 January 2014

Heart Ache nail colour by Fearne Cotton for Boots

For Christmas, my Mum gifted me this set of polishes from Fearne Cotton's collection with Boots. I wasn't expecting them to be good coverage or high quality, but I'm pleasantly surprised. For my back to work nails, I lashed on two coats of Heart Ache, a gorgeous vampy red, and used Seche Vite Top Coat for a glossy finish. A couple of nails have chipped very slightly, but I think that was because I had the longest bath ever the night after I painted them.
On New Years Eve, I used two more of the shades from the set to create a metallic blue manicure, with added celebratory sparkle. You can see it on my Instagram here. This lasted really well for the 4 days it was on and didn't show any signs of chipping.

The set is currently in the sale, so the polishes work out at £6 for 6. Pretty good value if you're looking for some decent quality colours to update your collection. Do you have any high street polish recommendations?

Rosie x

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous manicure!

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that colour is simply gorgeous! And your nails look so perfect...can you come over and do mine? :-)

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely lovely colour! :) I've always been really intrigued by Fearne's make up range and this has definitely made me want to give it a try soon.
    Plus what a great price! I picked up some bargains in the Boots sale too - would love if you could check out the little post I did about the items I got, if you get the chance. :)

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that colour is the prefect mix of burgundy ad red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty color! I was going to go for a maroon color when I got a manicure the other night, but I went for a dark gray. I'll have to try a color like this next time! xo

    ReplyDelete