Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Kilmersdon Church, Somerset

Kilmersdon village is more famous than you think. It's home to the hill in which Jack and Jill went up, and came tumbling down. It's also where my sister lives. At the bottom of the hill sits the Church of St Peter and St Paul, parts of which date back to 1443. I took a break from celebrating Amelia's birthday (read: needed to walk off the birthday cake), crossed the road and wandered around the churchyard with my camera.
It's not very well kept. Many of the headstones had fallen over or broken, and some resting places were completely overrun with weeds. In fact, I don't think I saw one well kept grave in the whole yard - except the new ones.
It felt good to make time to take photos, something I wouldn't have done if it wasn't for my 365 project. I hope it inspires me to explore things a little more often.

Rosie x

PS. I was hoping to take either of my film cameras with my today, but both of their batteries are gone. I'm getting new ones this week, and can't wait to get back to shooting 35mm again.
PPS. Make sure you check out Kaylah's cemetery posts over on her blog.

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous photos! I always think graveyards are so fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I find cemetery gravestones so interesting, especially the older ones.

    Jen | gingerellaj.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete