Thursday, 9 January 2014

Liven Up Your Lunch Box : Stuffed Sweet Peppers

Ever since July, I have taken a salad to lunch pretty much every day. I love salad a lot, and don't think I could ever truly get fed up of it, but my lunchbox definitely needed a little more livening up, especially now the cold weather is heading our way.
Tesco do these awesome packs of sweet mini peppers for £2.50. These lasted Mum and I well over a week, there's so many in the pack! I made up some Ainsley Harriott Moroccon Medley Cous Cous as per the packet instructions and left it to stand whilst deseeding the peppers.
Once deseeded, I blasted them in the microwave on high power for 3 minutes, turning them half way through. This just takes away the crunchy texture and softens them. I then allowed them to cool for a few minutes before stuffing them with cous cous, ready to go alongside my every day salad. You could even reheat them before you eat them if you like, but I had mine cold.

How do you liven up your lunch box?
Rosie x

PS. These photos were snapped on my phone whilst I was making them, hence the poor quality.

3 comments:

  1. ooh, yum! Will definitely be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy and so healthy! Definitely going to give these a try.

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...thank you for sharing!

    Katie x
    http://www.missenchanting.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete