Thursday, 16 January 2014

Now Playing

Did I ever tell you Ash and I met at a Taking Back Sunday gig? I'm sure I did. It was May 19th 2006. Ash bought a ticket from a tout outside, and stood in the crowd. A group of us got talking. By the end of the gig, a few of us had all exchanged MSN addresses, and within weeks we were hanging out together.  I was 15, Ash was 16. It wasn't until 2009 that we got together (aged 18 and 19), but it's fun to look back and remember where we met.

I love seeing Taking Back Sunday live, and was pleasantly surprised whilst browsing Twitter to read that they've got a new album coming out in a couple of months. This is the first single off the album, and it's pretty sweet. (I particularly love Adam's long hair.)

Taking Back Sunday - Flicker, Fade
If you should change your name, I'll love you just the same
And if you should run away, I would save your place 
So you can go, go, go if you want to
I wouldn't try and stop you but I couldn't say I blame you

What are you listening to at the moment?
Rosie x

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post.. Ah the memories of MSN!!
    I used to quite like Taking Back Sunday, looking forward to hearing their new stuff now! :)
    Thanks for sharing - I love your music posts! :)
    amyalaska | Beauty & Lifestyle blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post - MSN definitely takes me back! I remember going to a Taking Back Sunday gig when I was in school. Actually horrified to realise that was now 10 years ago! :(

    Eve x
    Sugar Spun Sisters - A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the days of swapping MSN addresses - amazing!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a craving for tbs the other day and listened to them while drying my dog off from a bath! Sweet you met there. x Jazzy (hivenn.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete