Thursday, 30 January 2014

Remember The Time

 
We drove 4 hours to Newquay, in Cornwall to celebrate our friends 21st birthday.
We stayed in a surf lodge near the beach.
We went to Wetherspoons every morning for breakfast, and Walkabout most nights for dinner.
I got a tattoo on a whim, which happens to be one of my favourites.
You ate ice cream every day.
The corridors in the hotel were lit up at night like the inside of a space ship. 
We all drove out to the cider farm for the afternoon, and bought gifts to take home for our families. 
We paid too much to get in to a crappy club with paddling pools on the dance floor. The two of us escaped to go back to the pub, where we danced to Mumford and Sons.
I drove us home in horrific traffic and we thought my car was going to catch fire.
We promised we'd go back soon.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, that last photo - I miss the sun even more now!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    P.S.: Thanks for commenting on my last post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words and what wonderful memories :) These pics are making me ache for a life near the sea!! xx

    ReplyDelete