Monday, 27 January 2014
Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
To make approximately 12 cookies, you will need:
125g butter, softened
100g light brown soft sugar
125g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
225g self-raising flour
30g cocoa powder
175g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper, or if you haven't got any like I didn't, rub butter over the base to stop the cookies sticking.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until light, then add the egg and vanilla.
3. Sift together the flour and cocoa powder, then gradually fold into the mixture. This took a lot of elbow grease!
4. Shake in your chocolate chips and mix in to spread them around.
5. In your hand, roll up walnut sized balls with the mixture and place on the tray. Press the tops down slightly to flatten them. I baked 8 on each tray, and some of them touched edges.
6. Bake for around 7 minutes for a chewy in the middle texture, or 10 minutes for more crunch. Allow to cool for a few minutes after taking them out to harden up the edges.
After this simple recipe, I've got the baking bug again. I'm thinking ahead to what cake to make to take in to work for my birthday in February. Got any suggestions?