Sunday, 19 January 2014

Turning Four

I'm not sure what's scarier - the fact that Amelia turned 4 today, or the fact that this was a year ago. Every time I see her, she's grown up just a tiny bit more. In September, she'll be going to school! It's scary how fast time is passing. This afternoon we headed down to my sisters for a mini party with family.
As an Aunty, I take great pleasure in spoiling my one and only niece. This year, that came in the shape of an Ariel doll, an inflatable Disney princess chair, a Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck puzzle, a party dress and new PJs. The whole thing was a bit overwhelming for her, but as soon as her new chair was up, she plonked herself in front of the fire and began playing on her Mum's iPad. Four going on fourteen?
This year she asked for a Spongebob cake (great choice I think..) but got super shy when we all sang to her! Something I used to hate when I was a kid too.

It's amazing to have watched her grow from a tiny baby, to a gorgeous toddler, and now in to a perfect little girl. Happy Birthday Amelia!

Aunty Rosie x



10 comments:

  1. Aww it looks like she had a lovely day & you got her some amazing gifts - I would have LOVED an inflatable disney princess chair when I was 4! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so cute all kids love iPads now toys are out of the question. i would love an inflatable chair for my birthday i would be chuffed
    http://fashionandbeautytribes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a sweetheart!
    Looks like she had a fab birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet photos! Don't have any kids yet myself but every time I see my sister's kids (which is only a couple of times a year as she lives in the US and I'm in Zurich) I'm shocked at how fast they've grown and changed. xx

    http://thestylecrusader.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how lovely!! It always amazes me how good young kids are when it comes to technology! How do they learn so fast?!?

    Rachel [at] AMomentInTime.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww. so cute :"3

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so precious! Kids are so special and wonderful in so many ways.

    Ariel is a great doll choice.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty sure that every little girl needs an Ariel doll. I had one. x

    Macie,
    Amen Fashion †

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little niece is lucky to have such a great auntie. I want an Ariel doll for my birthday too!

    ReplyDelete