Sunday, 16 February 2014

Valentines Day

I used to say that Ash and I don't bother with Valentines Day, but after the last couple of years, that would be a lie. We don't go all out, or go over the top, but we always make a little effort for each other. This year Ash bought me some gorgeous, bright tulips and hydrangeas, and the funniest card. I made him a playlist of songs which remind me of us to listen to on his way to work, and I sneakily ordered a pizza to his office for lunch. After work, we drove to the shops and bought a new DVD, some pitta bread and hummus, then snuggled on the sofa watching the movie and drinking bubbly. We stayed up for a few hours listening to music, toasting with honey whiskey and fell asleep together at 2am.
Although it's right to say that we do treat each other most weeks, I love how we make the effort to spend time together on Valentines Day, even if it is doing the things we would normally do.

What did you get up to this Valentines Day?
Rosie x

3 comments:

  1. aww the CD is such a cute idea, wish i'd done that! sounds like you had a lovely time!

    we went out for a big cheat italian meal and wine, which was lovely and romantic, but then I was ill in the night from the shock to my body of all the fat/wine after a month and half of nothing but clean eating! it was horrible!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine's day sounds lovely - those flowers are beautiful!
    Our Valentine's day morning was spent at a fertility clinic (I'm having IVF treatment this week) and our Valentine's day afternoon was spent at the Bristol Royal Infirmary visiting the other half's dad who's been there 4 weeks. Although we did manage to go for a quick tea and cake date in between hospital visits :-) x (one might say though, that our Valentine's day was quite kinky - involving doctors, nurses and hospitals!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day to me. We're similar, in that we don't overly celebrate it, but it will always involve a film and prosecco too :)

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete