Monday, 9 June 2014

A stroll from Coit Tower through North Beach, San Francisco

It was this day when I fell in love with the city. Before we'd even thought about breakfast, we'd hiked up Lombard Street in the pouring rain. It was worth the calf ache! Breakfast eventually came in the form of Starbucks granola and a cup of "hot tea" whilst watching the rain drip down the windows. We scurried through the streets to the Aquarium of the Bay to dry off for a few hours, and when we emerged, it had stopped raining. We decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to seek out the parrots of Telegraph Hill - which, unfortunately, we never found. We did, however, find some gorgeous views of the city from Coit Tower, and eventually made our way downhill to North Beach.
We were both cold, wet and tired, but San Francisco was too mesmerising to get our spirits down. We nipped into a gelato shop - Ash went for white chocolate and pecan, I chose blood orange - and carried our weary feet back to our hotel for a snooze.

For more from our San Francisco trip, click here. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you two are having a good time and what beautiful photos! I think the one of the church is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are great! I'm glad you had so much fun, the blood orange gelato sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rosie, these photos are blummin' gorgeous, I seriously hope I get to visit one day - I've got the travel itch again!!

    ReplyDelete