Friday, 6 June 2014

Aquarium of the Bay, Pier 39, San Francisco

"The coldest winter ever spent was a Summer in San Francisco." - Mark Twain
It really, really rained in San Francisco. We got up one morning looking forward to a day exploring, and instead found ourselves in Starbucks watching the rain trickle down the windows. I persuaded Ash that we should visit the Aquarium of the Bay to avoid the damp morning. We'd walked past it a few times at the end of the Pier and thought it looked great - I have a thing for sea life anyway. The tickets were slightly more pricey than we anticipated, but we still went in for a look around.
I think the jelly fish were my favourite. They were kept in huge, glass tanks with changing light colour which made for amazing photographs. Plus I find them really relaxing to watch - anyone else?? All of the tanks had beautiful fish, coral and sea creatures. Way more interesting than the Weston Super Mare sea life centre I'm used to.
Near the end, we wandered through a huge tunnel. There were crazy sized sea bass, huge sharks, 'sea stars,' and sting ray. We watched it all for a long time, before going out onto the viewing deck to see the sea lions - AGAIN. It was certainly the best aquarium I've visited!

For more from our San Francisco trip, click here.

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! I have been to SF a few times, but never here. I will definitely have to check this out next time I go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos, the colours are so vibrant, looks like a good way to spend a rainy morning, meabh
    www.peachparade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love watching jelly fish, they have some incredible ones at the aquarium in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete