Sunday, 1 June 2014

The Hollywood Cafe, San Francisco

On our second morning in San Francisco, we strolled from our hotel (Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf) to The Hollywood Cafe, 540 North Point St, CA 94133. I'd already checked out their website from home after reading good reviews when researching places to eat close to where we were staying, so I knew what my order was - an Audrey Hepburn; two pancakes and fresh fruit for $10. Ash went for a James Dean; two eggs, bacon, toast and fresh fruit for $11.
Although we got there early, there was already a queue. We put our names on the waiting list and people watched for a few minutes. It was no time at all before we were shown to our table on the sidewalk - perfect for the morning sunshine - and our server was filling up our coffee cups. After our orders were taken, toast and more coffee refills filled the time, until the mountainous plates arrived at our table. My pancakes were incredible - sweet, light and fluffy, and much better than the Denny's blueberry pancakes I'd heard so much about - and there was so much fruit left over that we packed it up and took it away with us for breakfast the next day.
If I was to ever go back to SF, and I seriously hope I will some day, I would get straight to The Hollywood Cafe to indulge in syruppy, fluffy pancakes again.

For more from our San Francisco trip, click here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going back to SF in November and I'm sold on those pancakes. All that fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look yummy (and I don't like pancakes or fruit!!). Love the pics. And I adore those mugs - I have a thing for brown glazed crockery :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! All that fruit looks way too good on those pancakes.

    ReplyDelete