Sunday, 24 August 2014

Summer Gin Cocktails with Waitrose Cellar

It's been a while since I've shaken up some new concoctions, so I was thrilled to be challenged by Waitrose Cellar to share a Summer cocktail with a twist. I chose to use their Earl Grey and Lemon Gin by Heston Blumenthal as my base liquor, and headed in store to pick up my mixers.
The gin by itself is delicious. The Earl Grey flavour is faint, but it certainly gives it a little more depth to a G&T!
In the end, I made two different drinks using the gin, so thought I may as well share them both here!

________________________








Citrus Gin Fizz (makes two)

In a cocktail shaker, combine 50ml gin with 25ml triple sec, or any other orange liquor (such as Cointreau.) Shake with ice.

Strain the mix into two flutes and top with Prosecco. Garnish with a lemon twist.









________________________









Raspberry G&T (makes one)


In a cocktail shaker, combine 5 raspberries with 50ml gin and 25ml elderflower cordial. Shake with ice.

Strain into a glass with ice, top with tonic water and garnish with a few more raspberries and a straw.










I really enjoyed mixing up these drinks this afternoon, and I definitely want to do it more often. You can have a look at Waitrose's Summer Cocktail recipes here!
Thank you Waitrose Cellar for the challenge!
What's your favourite summer cocktail? x

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, if only we had Waitrose in Ireland!
    www.peachparade.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely! Definitely going to pop into my local Waitrose on Tuesday after checking these out :)
    Phoebe -www.phoebetea.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a fan of gin.

    But I'd definitely give these a go - they look delicious!

    Em x Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh the raspberry drink you made sounds especially delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The raspberry drink look really good! :)

    ReplyDelete