Friday, 14 November 2014

Light Up Longleat

Longleat is usually known for it's beautiful house, lovely gardens,  and of course, safari park, but from this weekend until Christmas, a few new additions have moved in. The Festival of Light is a breathtaking display of Chinese lanterns, the first of it's kind in Europe. I was lucky enough to go along to the launch night, which started in the Great Hall with champagne and canapes, before enjoying a stroll around the beautiful lanterns. Each one was hand made on-site, mostly from steel and silk, and illuminated after dark. I could probably talk forever about the display but instead, here's some photographs.


 Isn't it beautiful?  I think the flamingos are my favourite. If that in itself hasn't given you enough reason to visit Longleat this Christmas, then perhaps this can tempt you. Inside the courtyard is a 50ft Christmas tree, which SINGS. As I stood there in the cold with my friend Bryony, a cup of warm apply punch and Mark from Made in Chelsea to our side (well...kinda...) it really did feel like Christmas!

You can purchase tickets for The Festival of Light here.

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos! I'm definitely going to go when I head down to Somerset for Christmas, thanks for the info.

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete