Thursday, 13 November 2014

The Christmas Tag

Can you believe that it's only 6 weeks until the big day? This feeling of 'hasn't the year passed quickly' happens every year, but for some reason, it really seems like 2014 has flown by. It's been a year of travel and exploration, and I know 2015 is going to be so different. However, Christmas is still to come, and so I thought I'd take part in the Christmas tag which is doing it's rounds at the moment.
1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
Elf is definitely my favourite, but I'm also excited to watch Love Actually later, which I always put on 6 weeks before the big day.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Christmas morning. But not until after breakfast, which is smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toast, with a glass or two of Bucks Fizz

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I wrote about one of my favourite Christmas memories here. But I think a couple of Christmases ago when my niece sort of understood what was happening and tried to help everyone unwrap their presents whilst we were all giggling will stick with me forever.

4. Favourite festive food?
ALL OF THE FOOD! From honey roasted peanuts, to brussel sprouts fried with bacon, cold turkey sandwiches and huge mince pies... Everything which hits the shelves this time of year is heavenly.

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
That's a tricky one... I have a few which are really memorable, but I think the one which stands out most was when Ash gave me an original Fairytale of New York record.
6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Mulled wine in the streets when I'm out Christmas shopping.

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
In the 5 years that Ash and I have been together, we have gone to the pub on Christmas eve. Although, we never stay out too late, we manage to sink a few warmers which makes the walk home entertaining. We call our friends and leave them beautiful renditions of Fairytale of New York on their voice mails.

8. What tops your tree?
Santa! Our tree is a huge mismatch of things we've collected over the years.

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I always really really wanted a Robodog.. remember those?

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Having time off work, spending loads of time with family and friends, and lazing around at home watching movies. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I tag Charlotte & Molly.

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun tag, I can't believe Christmas is so close already! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm such a scrooge, i kind of hate Xmas.

    ReplyDelete