Monday, 20 April 2015

Introducing Piper

If I'd known last month when I wrote my 20 Before 30 that I'd be ticking a couple off so soon, I wouldn't have believed it! My parents friend has a beautiful black cocker spaniel called Swift, and I said a while ago that I'd love one of her pups one day. In February, Swift had her first litter, 3 girls - 2 black, 1 golden. On Easter Sunday, whilst in Frome with the girls drinking lots of white wine, I got some emails from my Mum who had taken it upon herself to 'visit' the puppies... I replied to the photos with lots of pleases, but Mum kept saying no... On Easter Monday, we were planning on taking Amelia to choose some guinea pigs from the same place, as he breeds them for pet shops. But she wasn't feeling well, so Mum, Ash and myself went instead. Before even seeing the pups, I knew I wanted one. Plus, what's another dog to add to the family when we have 5 already?

Two pups were left, one black, one golden. Both were adorable. We played for almost and hour, before Mum said "no, we can't get a puppy." That's when I turned into worst-daughter-ever. All Monday evening and Tuesday morning I sent texts and emails, almost begging Mum to let us get one of the pups. When I got home from work on the Tuesday, I could tell by the look on her face that she had reserved one! The following Saturday, we picked up little Piper, at 9 weeks old, and although she's only been with us for little over a week, she already feels like a major part of our family.
I can't wait until she's had all her jabs so we can take her on some evening walks around the neighbourhood! Hopefully she will have grown out of her biting a little bit by then.
To see more snaps of her, be sure to follow me on Instagram @ohsorosie

2 comments:

  1. Ooh she's so cute!!!!! I'd love for her to be part of my #FleaBagFriday pet posts. If you want me information please get in touch. Can't get enough cute fluff balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh she's so cute!!!!! I'd love for her to be part of my #FleaBagFriday pet posts. If you want me information please get in touch. Can't get enough cute fluff balls.

    ReplyDelete