Thursday, 7 May 2015

Why I Vote

Because I can.

Think of all the countries in the world who do not have a democratic voting system. The women who fought for us girls to have the chance to place an X in the box. The change we could make to our lives, if we all used our voice.

In the last election, the Tories won in my constituency by 5000 votes. But 16000 people didn't vote. Think of how different it could be if those 16000 made the effort to engage with the election. (Check yours here)

It's true that this year, not one party has won me over whole-heartedly. Perhaps it's silly to think they would. Every party has something I can agree with, and something I can't. But after reading up on manifestos, deciding which policies are important to me and my future as a young woman living in Britain, I have made my decision.

Tonight after work, I will march into my Polling Station, make my mark, and know that I have helped towards the reshaping of our country. Regardless of what the result may be in my constituency, I placed my vote. Something which I will never take my granted.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that there's others out there willing and ready to vote! Good on you! 😀
    www.peachparade.com

    ReplyDelete