Tuesday, 25 August 2015

6 Years : Cabin Hideaway in the New Forest

To celebrate 6 years together, we booked a couple nights away in a cabin through Air BnB (here). Last Wednesday, we drove down to Bournemouth, parked up at the BIC and wandered in the rain down to the Pier. I think we spent almost a tenner trying to win a Princess toy from the grabber machine, but no luck :(

Lunch was burgers and lager in 60 Million Postcards, then a game of mini golf in the rain. Ash beat me for the first time! The rain was really pouring, so we headed back to the car and began our drive to our little cabin.

We pulled up outside a house in Neacroft, Bransgore, and walked around the corner to be greeted by the sweetest looking little cabin ever. We let ourselves in and were amazed but it's cuteness - think Cath Kidston ditsy prints, polkadots and cherries.
It felt like the perfect little hideaway. We spent our evening eating microwave meals, drinking Budweiser and watching telly, snuggled under blankets with our feet up on the coffee table. The next morning we woke to cereal, toast, orange juice and tea, before getting ready for a day in Lymington.

After walking around Lymington high street, we stopped in a cafe by the Quay to refuel and avoid the rain - sausage sandwich for Ash, a piece of rocky road for me. Our plan was to then go crabbing, but the rain really started to lash down... so we retreated to the pub! Prosecco cocktails for me, Guinness for Ash.


After a couple hours - and a bowl of chips - the rain eased, and we bought ourselves some bait, a net and line and went crabbing! We managed to catch a few, and put them into the bucket of the boy crabbing next to us to make it look like he'd caught more ;)

After an hour or so, we donated our kit to other crabbers, stopped off for ice cream, and drove back to the cabin to get ready for dinner. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy our anniversary meal that much (and I'm really not a picky eater!) so when we arrived back at the cabin, I enjoyed a second meal of peanuts and Prosecco.

On Friday, we spent the day at Go Ape, the tree top activity trail! We both loved the adventure, and I still ache today... I wasn't confident enough to take my phone with my to snap photos, so you'll just have to image how I look with my rope burned hands, clinging onto a net, trying to climb up to a platform. It was a great sight...

For our first Air BnB experience, I was over the moon with our cabin, and can't wait for our next Air BnB adventure.

All photos taken on my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment